Starting a service from a windows network drive gives me an error "The system cannot find the path specified."
l***@gmail.com
2009-03-23 12:33:24 UTC

I have a service in a mapped network folder in Win 2003 server. While
I am starting this service I am getting "The system cannot find the
path specified" error message.

Can't we run a service which is present in a network folder?

Kindly let me know if there is any way that I can start the service
present in a mapped network folder.

Thanks
Jim Talbut
2009-04-05 07:08:27 UTC
Mappings are user specific - and you don't have any (sane) way of setting
them for the SYSTEM session.
You could try specifying a UNC path instead, but then you are still likely
to run into permissions issues.
In general, I'd just copy the file locally.

Jim
Hi,